View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Ray Zee made me do it

I think some people get it here and some don't. Ray Zee's last post on that thread is gold, pure gold no matter what stakes you play. Sometimes I get the guy to fold. Sometimes the guy calls and I'm in a bad shape. Sometimes the guy calls. Overall, the situation is +EV and my play makes it much harder for my opponents to read me. I've just shown them that I'm willing to put my money in the middle on hands other than the stone cold nuts.

About 30 minutes later I picked up aces and made it $10 to go on the button. I got called in 3 places. I had been playing much looser than usual or at least it appeared that way. It was a combination of the cards and me looking for spots. Anyway, I flopped top set on a board of A 2 4 rainbow. All checked to me. I bet $30. The SB thought and called. I had about $300 behind to start the hand and so did the SB. The turn was a 6 putting a two flush on the board. The SB checked and I quickly moved in. He called with AQ.

I don't know if his play had anything to do with the earlier hand, but mine sure did.