View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: AK - Vs. Reraise all in and a call

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's Move?

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally voted all-in, but that would have been with the objective of trying to force out the CO player. So that decision would have to be caveated with the chances of being able to do it.

I think the fold is a really bad play here. The pot is offering about 3300-900 on the call, or almost 4:1. The only hand that you are a real major dog on is AA. Even if you call, the flop totally misses you and you have to fold, you still have about 1500 left, which is plenty for that early stage.

I would look at it this way. It's a $10 tournament. The only real money is at the final table. You're unlikely to get to the final table on a short stack.

I think you have to take your shots when you get them. What are the chances that you push the CO player out with an all in reraise, to allow you to get head up? Is the CO player a good enough player to even consider folding?

I think you either call or reraise all in. The decision rests primarily on what you think the CO player would to.

The pot is 3300. If you reraise all in, the pot goes to about 5500 and offers the CO about 5:2. Most likely, he is going to call.

Without even seeing the actual hands, it was a pretty safe assmption that you were behind at least one of the players, if not both.

In light of that I think my vote to reraise all in was probably wrong. I think the play is to call, and then probably move some chips if the semi-bluff opportunity arises or try to check raise if I flop top pair.