View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Chinese poker books

[ QUOTE ]
You want to learn Chinese Poker now? Stick to Hold'em; it's not like you're a world champion at that or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the big mixed games, you're playing limit poker. I really don't like playing limit holdem. And actually, I'm not that big a fan of no-limit holdem outside of a tournament setting (although I do like pot limit holdem). So, in these games, I prefer the hi-lo games, and am liking triple draw lowball quite well also. However, you sometimes have to play the games that are being played, and chinese is sometimes one of them. I'd rather learn how to play it well, as opposed to sitting out that round, or playing a losing version of it.

[/ QUOTE ]As far as the Smolen book, I was under the impression that it was the only book of its kind. If that's true, then it's the best in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm trying to find out. I also did not know of anything else. Even if it's the only thing out there, I didn't want to study it if it's not a good book. Sometimes bad information is worse than no information at all. ;-)

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)