View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: MGM.. wild game, big pot, marginal hand

[ QUOTE ]

utg +1 is horrible player and has no clue and doesnt give a sh*t about money

utg stradles ($5000), utg+1 makes it $20 to go($800), 3 callers call, i have 88 on the button($1100) and raise to $100 hoping to take the pot down there or get heads up w utg +1...doesnt work...utg makes it $200 to go, utg +1 calls, 3 folds and i call

($670)flop comes 9 7 2 rainbow

utg bets 240, utg +1 calls, i call??

($1390) turn 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I like the way you played this hand. I agree with you that you want it to get heads-up but the pot size when it gets to you is already $100, and you have already assured us that UTG and UTG+1 will be in the hand.

I think you make the most money on this hand in the long run (since there is so much action in front of you) by just calling and hoping for a set. Too many people in to hope for a heads-up by betting $100. If you think getting heads up against the big stack is the way to go, you have to be willing to put your whole stack at risk. I don't think 88 is the kind of hand you want to do this with.

Also, your only hope of winning this hand after the flop is to push when the bet is made to you. Calling here just gets you into trouble as now you have $440 invested in a game where the max buy-in is $500 with a medium pocket pair.

What was the range of hands you put each player on? Maybe this will help me understand the way you played a little better.