View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
So if I understand you correctly, you were asked to provide further verification for your identity and THEN cashed out? If so, you might get your money if you're lucky and one department isn't really paying attention to what other departments are doing.

I don't know about the laws of every country but if you're in the U.S. there is no "legally" when it comes to technically illegal online poker and no reasonable way to force an overseas company to pay out when they screw you over even when you ARE of legal age according to their terms. You apparently aren't and are most likely screwed. When I inadvertantly signed up for a no-Americans site (and I'm well over legal age, sigh...) they just refunded me my original deposit (and according to their terms they didn't have to).

Honestly, they screwed up by letting you get past their system so they should refund your original deposit but if you can't even demonstrate that your funding source is legitimate, who knows what they'll do. You're the kind of player that makes the poker sites and the rest of us real nervous.

Some times sites have been shamed into doing the right thing towards their customers when they catch a lot of flack in busy forums like this one but you're exactly the kind of person the people interested in killing online poker use as a poster boy.

[/ QUOTE ]#

I agree completely. I am not proud of having been addicted to poker at such a young age. I would be more than happy to have my last cash out, and then say adios. I can't believe that nothing has been done to stop people like me for the last 3 years!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I am in the UK btw.