View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:03 PM

Default What am I doing with these aces??

The original preflop raiser is a bit aggressive preflop. I think he's raising a lot of broadway combos from any position and some of the medium strength aces, and probably a number of pocket pairs as well. He's also quite aggressive postflop (willing to bluff at scary boards, loves to bet when checked to, lots of flop donking).

I checked the flop expecting villain to bet it. This flop came down good for a lot of coldcalling hands, and I wanted to see who would be coming along on the turn. I would be very concerned if the other two players called on this flop. This is a standard slowplaying situation for trip queens, so I wanted to tread a little cautiously and not over-invest on the flop.

Once it was heads up, I decided to let aggro villain keep betting into me. With the weakness of 3-betting preflop, and checking the flop, I saw no reason that he would want to slow down.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB