View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Anyone care to give general advice to a newbie???

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like we're coming from similar paths. You're right, the BJ games have gotten tougher to beat, especially in my neck of the woods.

Quick follow-up:

What have you found to be the # of hands that can be played hourly online and how tough is multitabling? How about the range for B&M?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Multitabling is easy, but it's very tough if you're still learning the game. Once you get a ton of experience and you can make most of your decisions very quickly and correctly, then you can move to four, six, or more tables. Typical online games play at about 65 hands per hour, so an eight tabler can play 500 hands per hour. I want to stress again that it's best to multitable only after significant experience playing. Playing two tables to start out may be helpful, but I don't really consider that multitabling.

B&M hand rates are about 30-35 hands per hour. However, the players are usually worse and you can make better reads, which decreases variance greatly. Also, I think it's a lot more fun. Because of this most players feel more comfortable playing higher stakes when playing live than they do online.