View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: passive play in passive games, rakes, and the current state of 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
For example, with TT, I raise from later position just because I have position and if there are a bunch of limpers I have value for my set, but I do have trouble with JJ/TT in the first two seats. I think it was HPFAP which specifically addressed the fact that the worst possible thing that can happen with JJ/TT is when you raise early and get 3 callers, then you're playing a 4-way pot out of position, you don't have the right odds to hit your set, and you have to be afraid of a single overcard. And I seem to remember Ed Miller saying not to raise with AJo in early position, although I'm not quite sure I like limping with much in early position because the whole point is limiting the field when you have big cards. And I forget which book it was that said if AJo isn't profitable from early position, you need to find a new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess on the range of hands that the average, good, 2+2'er raises UTG in a Small stakes game, it would be:

99+, ATs+, ATo+, KQs, KQo.

Why not try adding some of these to your game and see how you get on? I win with them UTG and I can't claim to be a 'good 2+2'er'.

Raising ATo, KQo and 99 UTG are up for debate, raising AJ, KQs and TT shouldn't be IMO.

Mack