View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:21 PM

Default On Golden Pond, but no catch

Absolute Poker, .10/.20 LHE, 6-Max

At a table full of fish last night, but made only a small profit. They played every hand, called every bet all the way to the showdown. Sounds like a dream, right? Unfortunately, at least one of them would suck out on the end, killing my monster hands.

I had 4 great hands in a row and raised with them preflop. The others never saw my hands because I mucked them when I lost on the showdown. One guy says "That's right moron, keep raising preflop!" They thought I was a maniac, though I was raising preflop with AA, KK, AK, and AQ.

Example: I'm UTG with AA and raise. UTG+1 reraises. Call, Call, Call, I cap. Flop is A T 2 rainbow and I bet my set of aces. Call, Call, Call, Call. Turn is 9. I bet, fold, Call, Call. River is 8, I bet and button raises. I make a crying call and button shows J7o for straight.

And on and on it went. A couple of times I bet TPTK, was called all the way down and was shown pocket Aces or Kings by preflop limper.

Should I adjust to this kind of play or just play the normal tight-aggressive style?