View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 3-way bubble decision - using ICM

[ QUOTE ]
From memory PR $11 Turbo.So, it seems both folds are worse, and the only thing bad about calling is the possibility I lose to bs, but not to ss, (how do I figure how likely that is? Is it just routinely "rare"?). What's the correct way to express the equity of going out in third?Or, should I have pushed instead of calling so I don't have to bother about such thinking. My call was assuming BS would come along and we'd check it down to kill shorty (which was how folks had been playing to now).I'm figuring the ss is pushing any A, any K, any pair. I'm figuring BS would only re-raise with AA, KK, QQ, AK. possibly AQ, JJ, AJs. I don't know how to use those reads in this case, however.Is this the right way to use ICM? Is it any clearer I should call, or is it unclear?Is there an easier way to post a table like this that's clearer to read?Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't checked the numbers, but it looks like you used ICM correctly. The equity of finishing 3rd is .2 or 20% of the prize pool. In order to use your reads and decide which play is the best you need to use something like pokerstove or SNG Powertools and input your villians hand ranges. If you use pokerstove you will find out how likely each hand is to win, then multiply each of the equities above by their chance of happening and see where you have the biggest result.I would push preflop.I only try and invite someone along for a checkdown when I am in a worse chip position than you are here.In deciding to push preflop it is important to note that you have a lot of FE on big stack.