View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Toyota: \"No Financial Justification in US for Buying Hybrids\"

You:

Second, please don't insult me by telling me you are "correctinng my thought process" when you obviously do not even understand my thought process.

me

I'm just correcting a thought process.

Did i say it was "your" thought process? I quoted ed miller. Even if I did correct your thought process, I don't see how it would be an insult. People make mistakes all the time. I can't expect you to know everything. I sure don't.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, the world is not going to change overnight. Everyone is not going to go out and buy hybrids. That's simply not a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if they did I wouldn't care. That's not really relevant to my arguement. My arguement is that people who claim they are socially responsible because they have a hybrid are misleading themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
You're making that same silly argument that some zealous carnivores make about "what if everyone suddenly became vegetarian? Then we'd have a huge problem of too many cows and all their methane and all their grazing causing erosion.. blah blah blah..." It's not a good argument because it ain't going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Not going to touch this one.

[ QUOTE ]
I think socally responsible transportation is mass transit, bicycles, walking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you. However, I am not that extreme. I prefer the cheap and clean energy route. That way our lifestyles won't change, people can still drive SUV's, Florida will be less likely to end up under the sea, and Europe will be less likely to freeze over.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8398

Of course none of this will happen unless smalley's program get's put in gear. A program which has many opponents despite it's rather cheap cost.

[ QUOTE ]
Hybrids are easing the American people into electric vehicles. Is that a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say hybrids are bad? No. Again, I said people who claim they are socially responsible because they have a hybrid need to have their thought process corrected. This may or may not include you.