View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Toyota: \"No Financial Justification in US for Buying Hybrids\"

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point of the OP was that in the US, because gas prices are still fairly low, people who buy hybrids have motives other than financial ones. What is SO hard to comprehend about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are having extreme communication problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Wacki, if you want to talk about other energy sources, why not start a thread about that instead of attacking me for my personal choice in cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I never attacked your choice in car.
2) In my first post I quoted this:

[ QUOTE ]
part of that enjoyment being the knowledge that she is being socially responsible

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was attacking. I'm simply pointing out that hybrids will cause more damage than gas guzzling muscle cars thanks to shale oil. And if everyone switches to hybrids we are far less likely to allocate money into alternative research and far more likely to use more and more shale oil. You need to be aware of that. The process is already happening as research into good technologies is being passed over for technologies that will most likely profit the oil companies.

If your motives are to be socially responsible then you need to read up on the current energy/global warming situation more.

I don't car if you drive a Hummer to work. It's your choice. I'm just correcting a thought process. That being said I'm glad you bought a hybrid because it does send a message to our congressmen, even if it's misplaced.

[ QUOTE ]

Wacki, if you want to talk about other energy sources, why not start a thread about that instead of attacking me for my personal choice in cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to search the archives. Zeno, nicky g, many others and I have covered this in extreme depth. You can watch the video or read the pdf from smalleys website which is an excellent primer.

http://cohesion.rice.edu/NaturalScie...S%20Boston.pdf
http://smalley.rice.edu/