View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: I believe in Santa Claus

PGarlic:"What occured between your childhood and now that has renewed your believe in the big man?"

Here's what happenned PGarlic. I'm not against giving presents. But I don't like the idea of being Forced to give presents. I especially dislike being forced to give presents because a comercialized culture hypes a certain day with the design to sell sell sell for the sake of Retailing Profits. So I adopted the policy of never giving presents on Christmas. I might give presents any day during the year that I felt moved to do so but I refused to give presents on Christmas. Well, one Christmas a certain family member's feelings were very badly hurt. Maybe my Grinch policy had caught on or something. I'm not sure. But she cried because she didn't get any present on Christmas. She was in her 80's at the time. I decided I needed to make a change. What I came up with was this. I still refused to give presents on Christmas. But what I did do on Christmas was deliver presents to my family from Santa. Lo and Behold I found that it was good Ho Ho Ho. I've been a believer in Santa ever since.

PairTheBoard