View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Live Game - Incorporating reads

Gotta bet it. I play live only and I cannot count the number times weak tights will check around when the third of a suit drops on the river. The weak tighties fear a checkraise. And if they think AT ALL about your betting pattern, it screams flush draw because you checked the turn. And, odds are that only one player will call, just to be sure you have the flush. The others will fold to your flush bet.

As for using your reads, I would strongly consider betting the turn as a cover for your flush draw and because your tighties are very unlikely to raise you. You wind up putting in exactly the same amount of money when you call someone else's bet as when you bet out if there is not raise. Even if you get raised, your implied odds on the flush draw aren't that bad if everyone calls the raise. But on what you described, I do not see Ms. Tightie raising you with just an Ace pair and a good kicker. You could be betting two pair or a set and she does not have the nuts so she will not be likely to raise you back. Therefore, it costs you nothing to bet the turn and positions you to get more value on your river bet because now your river bet does not scream I HIT MY FLUSH DRAW. You'll get more action on the river if you bet this turn.