View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: A Sticky Stud Eight or Better Situation

This is probably the toughest situation i face in eight or better. I've recently got in the habit of folding spilt or even wired kings in early position, if there is an ace to act behind me, or if i just don't feel like dealing with it, even if kings are live. Some of the times I do play kings in this spot and make kings Up I go on to lose the whole pot. Not counting times when hands get checked down, I usually get scooped about once in every 3 hours and it is usually in this exact situation. If I do get stuck in this type of situation I usually just go ahead and check call to the river and hope I can get away with it. When I do get scooped in a pot it is almost always with Kings up to a low straight or small trips. My best advice is to just fold hands like this on 3rd. Its hard to do at first but you will see that you actually save more money this way than you will win. I would rather fold the best hand 5 times then get scooped once. I will always take a good low hand to a good high hand. I tend to play weak tight at times but I almost always show a profit playing this way. I hope this helps.