View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Re: PP $100 SnG--Chasing the Dragon...

Whether you fold or call depends on a few factors. You implied that your opponent has you covered, but how big is your stack? How big is your opponent's stack?

You're still in round 1, so assuming that you've got around T1000, you'd be calling 910 to win a pot of 165 with 15 outs twice.

Against a better flush draw you're a dog, against kings up or a set you're about even money, and against nothing you're a favorite. From the BB your opponents range of hands could be: any two cards.

Raising such a tiny amount here is worse than calling, I think. You're not going to take it down with such a tiny raise. It may have been more advantageous for you to just call and let your opponents in behind you, giving you better odds to chase this draw. While your flush isn't pat, if you make your straight it will be the nuts.

I'll admit, the weak lead is a big confusing, but once he plays back at you you should just lay it down. My guess is that he sensed that you were trying to steal it on the flop with a draw and decided to play his big hand a bit faster.

It's not worth risking your whole tournament life for such a tiny pot and a draw.

Fold.