View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Stupid, stupid stupid

Yes the implied odds where on the turn.

Thank you all for the replies and insight. Gar, if you are not posting in the physc forum, you should be. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think we have pretty much come to a conculsion on the hand...

Preflop... OK, maybe a larger raise.

Flop... OK, but a push here might have made a better player lay down, but given the buy-in level and aggressive nature of these two, they would have called regardless.

Turn... BAD, BAD, BAD! Bet, fold to the reraise or check fold here was the right move and where I really lost my disipline. I love the line with T9o on a Q55 board, I will have to remember that. Also need to remember that my odds of hitting the flush drops significantly if missed on the turn, from 34% on the flop to about 13% on the turn, not the best odds to be putting a big chunck in with.

On the whole I have played some good poker the last couple of weeks, despite some lapses in disipline/attitude. The results do not always show it, but my play is really improving. I played a total of 5 of these $3 rebuys since Sunday. I have started with a double buy (T3000) and have not needed to rebuy and have not been able to add-on because I was over T20K at the add-on in all but one of these. Of the 5 I have 3 seats (all cashed out trying to build some T$ roll). I played a WSOP sub-sat this weekend and finish on the bubble after two bad beats in a row. Played many SnGs making some excellent coin. So from a results stand point I did not do as well as I could have, but from a play stand point (other than glaring errors posted here and some not) I did very well.