View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: What would you with $20K?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 25 yrs old, with no debt and no real "plan" for this money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your first goal should be to "Create a Financial Plan"... and your first step toward achieving that goal should be to understand what a Financial Plan is and why its important. You can accomplish that by reading some books, and/or paying a visit to a Financial Planner.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just in the fortunate situation of having this extra money, and wanted to know what some more seasoned investors would do with it in my situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a seasoned investor would do with their money wont help you, as you may have a very different risk/reward profile.

[ QUOTE ]
I've never invested before and was just hoping for some helpful pointers towards a relatively safe solution for my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The safest most proactive step you can take beyond educating yourself, would be to open an Emigrantdirect or ING savings account... which would earn you about 4% on your money!

Once you have put together a financial plan and given consideration to your risk tolerance, then you could start allocating to other investments with potentially higher returns.