View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Do you support Bush?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"HE WAS AN UNACCEPTABLE THREAT TO NECCESSARY MIDDLE EAST STABILITY."

[/ QUOTE ]

None of his neighbors in the region perceived him to be a threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting my ass kicked in Omaha/8 so I'm in a fowl mood [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. This is simply an unbeleivable response considering he waged war on Iran and Kuwait and if memory serves launched some scud missles in the direction of Saudi Arabia. God only knows how many Kurds and Shias he was responsible for murdering and you claim neighboring countries didn't perceive him as a threat?

Also it's incredible to me that so many posters on this forum value stability of autocratic, despotic, murderous dictators. For crying out loud North Korea is stable too does that make their government desirable or even legitimate? The Shah of Iran was stable for a long period of time. Hell the Soviet Union was stable for many, many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1: move down in stakes, try play money

#2: there is volumious evidence to suggest that the middle east is LESS stable without Saddam than it is with it. Why wouldn't our allies, Turkey and Bahrain, let us use their counties as staging grounds if Saddam was such a threat to them?

#3: The US government loves brutal dictators, as long as they are friendly to us.