View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 2/4 NL- If it weren\'t for luck, I\'d lose everytime

Helpful to know what position you are in. I assume you are LP and not off the blind.

This is kinduv a dangerous board, so I'm not a fan of your smallish raise on the flop. I think you are correct to bet more, ~125, something that says you're not [censored] around. His re-raise to 125 probably means he's on a big draw and wants value for it. If he's rocky, this makes sense. Really, given you have the Jh and the board shows a Kh, you can really narrow your players hand down here: 7h6h, KQh, Ah9x, Ah8x. You should charge him for his next card, if you want to continue playing the hand.

The turn:

Yeah, I hate players like this too. 100 into a 310. I encounter this nonsense all the time, and I want to rip my hair off. Anyway, I just can't see very much that you are ahead of now. All things considered, a J is not helping you on the river. A heart may help you, unless nitty has Qh or Ah already. Both are possibilities given how this hand is played. So, the only cards that may help you is a K or a Q. That gives you 6 outs. The reverse implied odds are pretty stacked against you, no? I lay this one down on the turn, it reeks of trouble.