View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: It Always Feels Like I\'m Losing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this counts as "similar experience" or not, but I sometimes feel just as unpleasant and ill-at-ease after winning a big confrontation as after losing one. Make no mistake: I'm better off having won than lost. But when this happens, I feel keyed-up, shaky, overexcited after a big confrontation, regardless of the outcome.

Maybe this is in fact the "thrill" of gambling. I don't like it one bit, but some people like it and get hooked on it. It's like the dextromethorphan hydrobromide in cough syrup: I hate the way it makes me feel, yet some people like it and wind up getting addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt completely the same way when I jumped from play money to .10/.20 .. and then when I jumped to $3 SnG's. I felt it when I jumped to 3/6... but I never feel it now since I'm comfortable at my level. I imagine I will feel it again when I jump to 5/10.. I think its a normal part of adjusting to higher risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, how do you jump from $3 dollar tourneys to 3/6 in a span of a week? The $3 SNG were only introduced very recently