View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Tough River decision: Did I leave him with too much implied odds?

Villain is 20/7/2.2 over 80 hands. Villain is decent player who hasn't done anything too out of line.

I am a limit player and was mixing it up the other night with a little no limit (which we play in our home game)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 1$ BB (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

<font color="red"> MP2 raises to $2 </font>, CO calls, Hero calls $2, SB Folds, Villain (BB) calls $1.

<font color="blue"> MP2 was a little loose post-flop, so I called in position, figuring I could extract if the flop came down good. </font>

Flop: ($8.50) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players) <font color="red"> Villain bets $6 </font>, MP2 Folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> A gutshot to the nuts, flush draw and two questionable overs. Pot odds aren't great (2.5-1), but I thought my implied odds made it worthwhile to see the turn. Might be a questionable call. </font>

Turn: ($20.50) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red"> Villain bets $15, Hero Raises to $45 </font>, Villain calls.

<font color="blue"> Yes! I have the nuts, now time to extract. Villain still likes his hand, so with $35 in the pot I was thinking I wanted to extract and deter him to chase a draw to the river, so I bet about the pot. Is this a good size bet? </font>

River: ($110.50) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Villain bets all-in $60.33 </font>, Hero?

<font color="blue"> ??? I hit the flush, but was he chasing the whole time with a higher flush draw? He is aggressive, so he could of been semi-bluffing the whole time, but then I would of thought he would of folded to my turn raise. Seems a little out of line for him. Seems like a big lay down, but I don't think he would bluff after I put in a big raise on the turn. What should I do? </font>

Comments on all streets welcome.