View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: YABI (Yet Another Beginning Investor)

Nice resource.

[ QUOTE ]
You need to learn how to invest before you put a nickle into any kind of investment. If you don't want to learn about the finer points of investing, that's fine. CD's, index funds, and several other methods allow you to invest conservatively with virtually no knowledge of what you're doing. You should never have a "if I lost it" mentality. A loss of an investment should only be the result of an unforeseen occurence, not a gamble that didn't pay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. You're right. I was looking at it as sort of a gamble, but an informed gamble. I didn't in any way mean to just chuck out $1000 in the market, buy some random stocks, and see what happens.

I'm not very interested right now in just turning my funds over to someone and having them invest for me. I want to manage my own money and know what's going on, and most importantly know why. Perhaps in the future I might go a different route, but for now I want to do the research on my own.

I hope my lack of knowledge isn't radiating too much. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]