View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: When to switch from aggressor to caller/folder

Things I know I should have done:
1. I'm in the cutoff with KQo and 2 limpers. In the future raise here. It helps eliminate some of the guess work (or should)

2. Cap the flop. SB bet out and re-raised my raise. I didn't cap it since I was worried about SB having AK. I completely ignored the BB's action at this stage and was glad he was throwing money into the pot. Since SB was the initial raiser, he may have thought I was on a steal or had K with a good kicker AK, KQ, KJ, maybe KT though I don't think he'd of raised pre-flop with KT.

3. Turn - I kept up the aggression here and don't know if I should have kept up the pressure at this point. SB went away but I'm still up against the BB who got to see a fat pot for only 1 bet. He cold-called a 2 bet raise on the flop so I should have thought K2 or 22 and put the brakes on.

4. River - The J didn't help me and BB hadn't shown any signs of backing off. My eye's kept telling me I had a monster and keep pushing he'll keep paying me off but I forgot an important lesson: You aren't going to get payed off on the river on a hand like this unless you're beat. Simply calling would have been better.

End result: BB showed 66 for a full-house 6's over K's.