View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Does this happen to others?

This happens to me as well. Maybe a little different scenario. As Im sure that this happens to others as well. Rookies play a lot more flops and don't mind callin your preflop raises with crap hands like 2/6o or q/6o. They see paint and it looks like Aces. More than often they get lucky. I see a lot of calls with bottom or middle pair with horrible kickers yet always seem to get the 2pair or boat. But i go into these games expecting this type of play so I tend to not play with amateurs at home games. It almost impossible to avoid amateurs playing online because anyone can get lucky and up their bankroll $1k and then go on to 5/10 or 10/20 games (bodog). Yet they see they have all this "extra money" yet continue to play poorly and sloppily as they have done. This making more veteran players question their "so so" hands when they have middle paid w/ multiple outs when they're against bottom pair w/ one maybe two outs, yet the poorer hand either goes all in for their remaining $400-$500 or makes a big raise that that the veteran may not want to stick around and find out. Moral of the story. Play more home games and amateurs shouldnt play high stakes poker.