View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Bet this turn with AA?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you like the line of checking the flop and betting the turn hard if it's a brick? In my experience, on a coordinated flop like that I'm certain to get called by at least one of the two opponents, and my equity against a pair+draw type of hand isn't that great on the flop, but it can go up dramatically on a turn brick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you know somebody has a pair+draw type hand, checking the flop and betting a turn brick is great but you have no way to know that. In a multiway limped pot, you can make a much better case for waiting until the turn but, against just two players, assuming somebody's got a hand like that is seeing monsters under the bed. This is balanced somewhat by the fact that, if you check the flop, somebody with a TPTK-type hand might think they're good on the turn and will bet it for you then, at which point you can either call or raise with enough stack depth to not pot commit yourself. I think that betting is better than checking on both the flop and turn but checking isn't out-and-out wrong in either place.