View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Carlos Mortensen in Bellagio 3K

I know how ESPN and the Travel Channel says Carlos play, but I don't know how he plays in reality. I would fold this pretty quickly against certain players, and insta call against others. Considering I have no read on Carlos it's hard to say, you obviously could judge his strength better. Against an unknown, jesus, I'd vomit on the table, and fold I think. But the thing is Mortensen knows he's Mortensen, and knows you know that, so that makes him not an unknown, even if you know nothing about his play in reality (which you do, I don't though). Complicated enough?

I think you're 3 bet is pretty horrible on the turn. I'm either check calling/ leading a river, or just calling his raise. I think 3 betting then folding to a raise is just weird, and makes not very much sense. You aren't really "charging him" with your small raise on the turn, just sort of giving him another chance to outplay you

Oh and the numbers are definitely off here:
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is another deuce and now I actually like my hand and fire out 550. Carlos eyes me suspiciously and makes the minimum raise to 1100. I consider keeping the pot as small as possible and then decide I oughtn't give him a free out. I make it 1800 to go, 1250 more to Carlos. Now Carlos pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand to post overall though.

ps... fold preeeeeflop