View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: This Ought To Get Some Replies

Obviously the initial poster of that comment is a moron - I suspect if this one does as you suggest, get a lot of replies, they're mostly gonna be in the form of 'hey, retard!' - since there's really not much to say on this one. It's so easily dismissed.

There have been countless studies on race and intelligence, genetically speaking there is no link, none whatsoever. It's true that you do get lower average SAT scores with blacks (which I assume is who he means, but for some reason isn't straight speaking enough to say) - but this is a socio-economic thing. Poor people score worse, white or black or whatever, there's just more blacks in poverty.

And while we're on this subject, I am of the school of thought that there are actually huge cultural differences between races. And I don't agree at all with the often heard implication that acknowledging/discussing those differences is racist. But this guys post wasn't that, it was just an idiotic rant with no attention paid to any facts at all, and presumably rooted in racist scorn.