View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Semi Theoretical Hand

"Not to nitpick, but this should stay on small-stakes forum. We separate the two not because we don't feel like hearing about small numbers but because the issues are uninteresting and the answer often depends on the opponents.

I understand and respect that. I have been reading both forums and I see a big difference in play. Though it may not be as interesting to those of you accustomed to high stakes players, it is enlightening to me (and maybe others reading this forum) to see how the same hand might be played differently at different stakes and against different opponents.

"Since the opponents at low-levels suck more, you have to take that into account." Actually, that's precisely why I was interested to hear the thoughts of better players. At the low limits with bad players, the concept of fold equity is diminished. While it seems a substantial element in this forum. With that in mind, it changes the way hands are played. Knowing the opponents at lowstakes aren't as good "or as thinking", it reduces the kinds of plays you can make. Which, again, is why it would be illuminating to me to see the same hands played out by different levels of opponents.

I, perhaps correctly, thought this hand might play out differently at different stakes.

I'm just here trying to learn.

Thanks.