View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Semi Theoretical Hand

Greetings. The hand below was played at micro NL, but I was curious how one would play this hand at higher limits with deep stacks. I've changed the betting amounts and stack sizes. Please share your thoughts. (I have included my reads based on the table I was at, which were spot on, so though people may play slightly differently, assume these reads are accurate.)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (9 handed) converter

saw flop|saw showdown

UTG+1 ($6000)
MP1 ($2200)
MP2 ($2000)
MP3 ($3000)
CO ($2500)
Button ($5000)
SB ($3000)
Hero ($2500)
UTG ($3500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 5.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $20, 3 folds, CO calls $20, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero calls $20.

NOTE- the UTG min-raises. (at these micro tables that means either a low pp or it means 2 face cards but NOT AK or AQ Also, I know I'm out of position, but considering the min-raises... I like how disguised my hand is if I hit.)

Flop: ($80) K, A, K (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $60, SB folds, Hero calls $60, UTG+1 raises to $120, CO folds, Hero calls $120.

I'm not putting any of them on AA/KK or AK. I think the first bettor has an ace. I call with my 4 to the flush. The re-raiser has a king. I think he'll pay me off if I hit the flush... so I call. (furthermore, I think he is likely to put me on an ace or a king... he's not likely to put me on the flush because the Ace and King are out and the board is paired.)

Turn: ($380) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $380, UTG+1 calls $380.

should I have gone all-in right here? I'm 99% I have it.

River: ($1140) K (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5, Hero folds.

I curse like a pirate.

Would anyone play this hand remotely like this?