View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: AK flop decision - 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
I really disagree with this, Nick. Each time BB called, he had to call 1 bet, and was correct to do so. By betting out, TP might raise and that would charge BB two. Then his call would be a mistake. But because of OP's checkraise, BB was getting proper odds to overcall the flop then call the raise.

I'm not saying TP would have raised -- he likely would not -- but by trapping BB, all the OP is doing is keeping him in the pot with odds to draw, not getting him out or causing him to make a mathematical mistake by calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but this shows big flaws in your mathematical thinking. You should look at the odds he's actually getting to see the turn card (his first call is no good since it gets him no new card). The odds he got on the flop was 10.5:2, certainly not a good call for a gutshot. Thus he was making a pretty big mistake.

You can always argue betting out would be better and I agree the vast majority of the time betting out is better. You have to be very confident that the player behind will bet here for check/raising to be correct, but it seemed to me OP was.