View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Will a good SS Hold\'em player help me?

[ QUOTE ]

Don't go to B&M anymore, Infact after losing $2700 AT 3/6(450bb) I'd puke at the thought of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I can find a logical reason that the mere fact that I am at a B&M cardroom means I will lose, this is unlikely. I enjoy B&M quite a bit more than online and my love of the game ensures that I will keep playing.

[ QUOTE ]

1, your no way near as good as you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not. Then I can fix things. I can't fix bad luck.

[ QUOTE ]

3, $2700 lost and losing $500 more... Are you an addict? Im deadly serious? do you have an addictive personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I don't think I have an addictive personality unless you count competition. What kept me going back was that I figured as long as I kept playing winning poker over time the law of averages would kick in and I would start winning.

[ QUOTE ]

Re-Read SSH, This is your bible. Post hands you found confusing in Micro forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It already is my bible. I have read it so many times I think I need a new one. The pages are falling out.

I do play online and win a fair bit. I have about 450 in my account. Mostly S&Gs. It is enjoyable but I have so much more fun in a cardroom and I can play longer without my eyes getting red. There is just something about the social aspect of it. While I lost 200 last night I laughed my ass off on several occasions and almost fell out of my chair once. After a loss with AK an old man told me not to raise pre-flop with that hand because it is only %10 to win against 8 people. You can't get that experience online. Despite my losses I had a blast for the majority of the time.