View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Overpair out of position

$50 NL on party. Villain is very aggressive and has built a decent stack for himself. i recently doubled up and then this hand comes up:

9 handed, BB $1

UTG limps, Villain (~$250) raises to $5. folded around to Hero ($115) in the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and i call. UTG folds.

Flop: ($11) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
i check, villain bets $10, hero raises to $40, villain calls.

Turn: ($90) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].)
.....?

my thinking is that i am done with this hand. there are no draws on board so my opponent either has a big pair, or two overcards and is just waiting to try to steal. it's tough for me to approach hands like this since i am primarily a limit player and there is no way i would fold an overpair to an aggressive player....in a NL setting though it seems like i am in a big reverse implied odds situation here. is check-folding ok??

what i did later on if anyone cares...

-tpir