View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:06 PM

Default when the poker gods conspire against you...

This is not a bad beat post. Just something I needed to get off my chest(perhaps it's therapeutic, I don't know yet).

Scene 1: 4-8 Limit at Bally's Las Vegas
Maniac is literally raising every single hand and betting out no matter what comes on the flop. I'm on his left, so I decide I will pick my time to isolate.
Hand 1: I pickup KK. Raised and capped on every street. His 69o rivers a straight.
Hand 2: I picked A9 of clubs. Flop comes 844 two clubs. He of course had raised preflop and bet out on the flop. I call. Turn is a club. He bets, I raise, he re-raises, I call. River blank. He bets. I call. He shows me 84s for a flopped boat.
Hand 3: I pick up KQs. He raises preflop and I raise to isolate. Flop comes Kx3. He bets I raise, he called. Turn is a Q. he checks, i bet, he calls. River is a 3. He bets out and I call. He turns over J3o for rivered trips.
After these and a few other beats, I'm down about 25BB and quit the session.

Scene 2: Online at PP (2/4 multitabling)
I start playing and things go well initially, and I'm up about 20BB. Then I suffer what seemed to be an endless stream of bad card, bad luck and bad beats, and actually end the session down 75BB.

Scene 3: Bay 101(3/6)
No bad beats here. Just good cards getting beaten by even better cards. Set over set, full house to quads, two pair to better 2 pair. Dropped about 17BB before I decide that the poker gods have forsaken me this week.

I'm seriously thinking of quitting the game at this point. I don't think I can deal with the losses anymore. I thought I was a winning player, but I've been on a losing streak for a long time, even though I play the cards the way they are *supposed* to be played. I did not tilt through these sessions(the only thing I can take pride in I guess, given that a good chunk of my bankroll is gone).

Any words of wisdom from the battle hardened veterans on this forum?