View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Follow up

[ QUOTE ]
zeropointmachine, the thing is that in general the SB will be pushing less from the SB when there is another shortstack outside of the blinds, whereas when the main opponent is in the BB, many will push 100% of the time.

I definitely believe its correct to call as the shortstack from the BB but correct to fold as the 2nd stack in the BB.

Yes its true that any range you put for the SB it will be SLIGHTLY more +EV to call K3o as the big stack, my whole point is that the SB will push signifigantly less when its the big stack in the BB, at least this is what my estimate would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, maybe I'm letting SNGPT presets screw with my thinking here. I'm can see stretching the calling range of a comfortable big stack and a desperate small stack, but I'm not as comfortable stretching for a middle stack that would become the small stack if he loses.

I just think there was a leap of logic in this hand that assumed both players were playing perfectly and assuming that their opponents were playing perfectly.

Obviosly, against an unknown I would not call here.

However, I would never put an average (or even "decent") player on a calling range that would keep me from pushing at least 70% from the SB here.

If I knew he knew that I knew that he knew it becomes a heads-up equilibrium problem. But I didn't grasp that from the original post.