View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
About moving the HHF files (i sent this to Bill via PM too, but i thought it was important):

I understand what ppl are talking about with the HHF move, but I think it's superfluous and shouldn't be the focus of the initial beta of this program.

It's only for people who want to play while they mine (which like I wrote, I don't, and i think it's not worth the effort to cater to those people initially, because I think most people realize it's a recipe for disaster anyway when you've got 4 30/60 tables open...or at least something that can be worked on AFTER the original mining function is worked out).

What they're arguing is that because they want to play (using PAHUD) and mine at the same time, PAHUD looks for any HHF files in the PP directory and assumes the plyer is observing them and that he wants to see stats displayed on them...and that means PAHUD slows to a crawl and inevitably crashes by trying to have it query 80 tables worth of players and display the stats...it will DEFINITELY crash the program, no doubt about it. So the people who are advocating simply moving the HHF files are looking for an end-around that situation...they figure since they don't even want PAHUD to see all those HHF (because they're only open for mining purposes), if they just MOVE the HHF files, PAHUD won't recognize them, and therefore PAHUD will only display stats on the tables they're actually playing.

There is a whole host of difficulties with this situation. I won't name them all, but for starters, it will make it impossible to distinguish when you DO want the HHF files moved (a very small % of the time), and when you DON'T...after all, often times I open up a ton of tables to choose the best ones, and i NEED stats displayed on them all.

There's tons of other complications too, but in short, I think you need to just get the multi-client mining feature working and bug-free, and then work on add-ons.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't hhf files kept in the root party poker directory, and tables you are seated at are logged to HandHistory/screenname subfolder? has anyone tried to reconfigure PA HUD to only look in PartyPoker/HandHistory/screenname directory??