View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Pocket JJ, Is A on the turn a check behind

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I can see a lot of people C/Ring with a draw on this board as well

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a possibility, of course, but I'm almost never c/r by a draw in these spots. Only the trickiest of opponents will c/r here.

Hmmm... and this is a common thing for me to do. Not sure if that is good or bad. I will c/r the turn and lead the river if I miss my draw. maybe it is a leak. I don't do it often... just into the face of a weak player.

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to put in 1 more bet on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not do it on the turn, then? By checking behind, you're giving free cards to six-out hands (KQ, 77) or hands with even more outs (big diamonds, 66).

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do it on the turn because I expect to get much fewer calls. I think the odds of someone betting with a worse hand to a check behind on the turn is greater than someone calling with a hand I beat on the turn.

Very few hands I want to fold are folding here. 66 with the OESD is calling, as is most OESD or flush draws. So if I am going to check/fold the river UI, and bet/fold the turn. What will I do if I bet and he calls the turn, and then leads the river on the 6? I either make a crying call or fold. So I haven't changed the "odds" that much. He still paid 1 bet drawing slim, and I still lost 1 bet I would have lost anyways, and only made 1 bet when he called.

I do chase out hands like KQ or Kx, but those weren't the most likely of hands here anyways.