Thread: AA hand
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think utg you've got to check or go all-in with AA. Preferably the first. It's a standard tactic so the c/o may not have raised, but wqith AQ you'd think he'd want to know where he stands so he raises, you go all in and he has to then put you on AA and fold.
On the flop, I think you've got to lay it down because he's either protecting the str8, or is drawing to a house with trips or two pair - in either case you're beat and the best you can hope for, really, is a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying I should open push with AA UTG or else limp?
Here, limping would probably have worked better, although from a results-oriented point of view, I might have still busted if CO called the limpraise depending on the size of his raise and ny reraise. I had just got to the table and raised the previous hand and took the blinds. I thought a second early position raise in a row would get action.

I am 42% against 2-pair, so with pot odds and slight folding equity, pushing would be correct knowing I was against 2 pair. Obviously in trouble versus a straight or set. Had done analysis before that AA is not bad versus one opponent with this board, but I probably should have read the action that he proablably ahd me here.