View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Optimizing EV, Room Selection, Bonuses, Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly feel more comfortable at Party, but is it possible that my overall EV would be higher at Party w.o all the perks PokerRoom offers?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are more comfortable playing at Party, then that's where you should play. If you are not comfortable playing at a given site, then you probably are not going to play your best poker. That's -EV.

It's hard to say whether it's possible that your overall EV is higher at Party with no bonus/RB versus your at EV at Bet on Bet with perks. Let's look at this over a long time period and ignore the $200 bonus for now. Over a long time period of many dealt hands, the $200 bonus will be negligible to the discussion.

At $2/4, your 30% RB is equivalent roughly to $0.034 per dealt hand. This 30% RB would net you about $8.16 an hour assuming that you were 4-tabling and were dealt 240 hands in an hour. That's worth about 0.85 BB/100. Adding in periodic reloads would increase that since bonuses are generally worth more than RB. Instead of 0.85 BB/100, maybe it's around 1.00 BB/100 or even higher. How much more, I'm just not sure.

If you think that playing at Party with no perks over a long time period would give you a winrate more than 0.85 BB/100 (or a little higher if adding periodic reloads) than it would at Bet on Bet with no perks, then you are better off playing at Party.

I have been pondering this kind of stuff lately and wonder if anyone has ever done a study on this playing at Party with no perks versus playing at another site with perks. If considering just the actual play without perks, playing at Party over the long term should give you a higher winrate than any other site because of the Party fish factor. It's just hard to say if the Party fish factor is better than perks at another site. I would be inclined to think it's not a 1.00 BB/100 difference, but again I just don't know.