View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Optimizing EV, Room Selection, Bonuses, Rakeback

To start, I am a 2.4BB/100 winner at Party 2/4 over about 20k hands. I dipped my foot in 3/6 and got run over (pretty unlucky) and I have been pretty averse to trying it again. I credit a substantial portion of my success at the limit to table selection. I do this by data mining 10 tables before I start a session, then seeking out the best table and seat position, which, in my opinion, greatly increases EV.

However, I concluded that no rakeback, no bonus, even with a good win rate, was not my optimal EV. So I set up a 30% rb account at Bet on Bet (poker room) and recevied a 200 dollar bonus (clears at about 5 dollars per hour per table. I four table so 20 Dollars an hour). Now I only have played 1 session, but so far I do not like it. I cannot decide which seat is the best. I cannot datamine. The players are generally better and there are less tables to choose from. I played for about an hour and lost 17 BB (Variance plays a part).

I certainly feel more comfortable at Party, but is it possible that my overall EV would be higher at Party w.o all the perks PokerRoom offers?