View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Wow...shoudl i have folded...

Asking about preflop, of course.

It was a big reraise, but I think I'd go ahead and call it in this situation. If this were headsup, I'd definitely consider folding, but with the button in the middle, I think the call is right.

The button flat called your raise, so he's looking to hit something, so there's an excellent chance he's going to close the action by calling, though if he decides to fold that's okay too since that puts some nice dead money in the pot. However, if he stays, you can be pretty certain he's only calling.

At this point you pretty much have to play this like a low pair. If you don't hit on the flop, you get away from it.

NL is a game of implied odds. In this case, if you hit your hand, you have the opportunity to triple up. In NL, it's not about winning a pot here or there, it's about figuring out how to take your opponents' stacks. Hitting a set is a classic way of doing just that.

The results of this hand notwithstanding, I think you made a proper call preflop. Too bad you didn't have a bigger stack.

Regards,

T