View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Zen-like revelation (just wanted to share)

[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks sitting there drunk playing poker is -EV? Excellent revelation however!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I actually left that in my post for someone to jump on. A few did. After getting ridiculously bad beats like AA cracked by someone cold calling Q6o, hitting a runner-runner inside stright draw (board: 3 7 J 4 5), I found myself playing scared. When this type of thing happens you start to play suboptimally b/c you expect to lose. Inhibitions go away with alchohol, which allowed me to play with proper aggression. This is a really dumb justification, I know. In all honesty, I did accidentally hit call a few times when i should have folded, like when I once cold called AXs preflop. This was not a huge mistake in itself, but is not something I shold be doing obviously.

Also, I am a happy drunk. I get giggly, and I wanted to just have fun playing poker again. There, that is the real reason.

The crazy thing is, I usually win when I am drunk. (Small sample size I know.) Also, I never play stink-faced drunk, only tipsy drunk. A few beers, not a whole six. Plus, Abita rocks dude! And finally, if it weren't for the beer I would currently be without the revelation. At least not at the moment -- definately plus EV to my game as far as mentality goes.

So there are my lame ass excuses. Flame away!

(And fellow drunkards, feel free to defend me here!)