View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: GM employee discount

I get the GMS discount and the catch is that the dealer will try to fook you on your trade-in to make up the difference.

When you pay GMS the dealer basically makes $300-500 for handling the sale and whatever they can clear on your trade-in.

Typically you get rebates on top of the GMS price as GM re-imburses the dealer those incentives.

It is a good deal, but make sure you get kelly trade-in and resale values for your trade, as well as NADA values. I also shop at used car places in the area and find a couple of my trade-in and get what they are selling for.

So when the dealer tells me he is giving me $3000 below blue book I'll tell him to f off because Joe's used autos is resaleing my car for $3000 over blue book. Using this method I typically get the GMS price and blue book trade value.

NEVER NEGOTIATE A DEAL WITH PAYMENTS. People get screwed out of thousands of dollars by dealers using payment figures to negotiate deals. Make sure you get a cut sheet of:

1. Retail Price
2. Negotiated Price or GMS Price
3. Trade-in Allowance
4. Net amoung you are financing
5. Interest rate and fees

5 is very important alot of dealers will try and sneak in a percantage rate that is higher than what you can qualify for.

Sorry to ramble - but it bugs mne to see people paying way way too much for cars.

Orange