View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Bad Players = Hard to Beat????

[ QUOTE ]
The issue about playing with loose-passive players is that making plays against them just doesn't work. To the skilled player it can be like fighting with one hand tied behind your back, because half or more of the moves you usually use to take pots down don't work when the LPP is in the game.

The answer is, if the other guy is too dumb to fold to your check-raise bluff when the low card on the flop pairs on the turn, just don't make that play.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, there are other plays you can make by using the loose passive player as a weapon against the other players. You can make a bet or raise to isolate the LPP, forcing out better hands that don't want to overcall. You can simultaneously bluff the normal players and make a thin value bet against the LPP. Even if you only have a 40% chance to beat the LPP, you may be happy to get it heads up because you pick up the dead money and have control over the hand later. A side benefit of this play is that it reinforces the LPP's desire to call all of your bets.

For example: I had KTo in the BB and checked. 4 saw the A83r flop. I checked, an aggressive EP player bet, the LPP called (any two), and I folded. In retrospect, I think the right play was to check-raise and bet the turn, which would very likely get the EP player to fold without an ace. KTo wins about 50% against the LPP's random hand.