View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Poker stars datamining and collusion Q\'s

i've been accused of colluding a lot lately in SNGs and i've never once in my life even slightly colluded with anyone.

not talking about the OP here, but i think the word "colluded" has gone mainstream and every fish with any slight knowledge of poker lingo is throwing it around freely. i'm willing to bet the "these players colluded against me" emails are pouring into the sites right now.

getting a finger pointed at me yelling "collusion" bothers me only in that the others at the table might look at certain plays i make (like raising donk-UTGs opening flop bet in limit even tho i only have middle pair and a backdoor flush draw so that i can "clear out the rest of the table" and get head's up with UTG donk) and also assume im colluding causing them to leave or email support or whatever.

point being, collusion surely does happen. however, its very very rare that i see a "is this collusion?" post on 2+2 that i can say there is no basis in poker for the play (meaning that it is either collusion or a drunkard making the play).

this collusion finger pointing is the new wave of donks making themselves feel better because they dont understand certain plays. (like i said, this isnt directed at OP at all, just me letting out a little frustration.)