View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Have I wrote this?

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing over a year now, and for a while was doing very profitable. Have read, and reread all of the important books, and rally approached my game as a serious business. I felt that I certainly had reached a higher level of play, and my record seemed to be affirming that, but...

As of late, I have been loosing quite a bit. It has been so bad that I have decided to stop playing for the time being. Have any other serious players had a lull in their game after they reached what they thought was the next level? Is this a case of overconfidence leading to less concentration?

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this is exactly what is happening with me. I was doing pretty well and then went hard on studying, read everything, participated on the foruns analysing other peopleīs hands, read Cardplayer, entered IRC channel, reviewed hands in Poker Tracker, and suddenly my game seems to be cracking. It is more or less like I crack some tables and then in others I lose what i have won in the first one. It seems like If I was once more beggining, whereI had no clue and made bad mistakes. funny thing is it seems I am doing the right thing.

Anyway, I donīt really know why this happens with everyone, I just hope things fall into place soon.