View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Races - sometimes it\'s not a coinflip

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about this scenario a bit:

Full table, 3 limpers. Someone pushes and you look down at AK. Call or fold?

A lot of the time the guy pushing will have a PP lower than kings. So it'd be a race. What I think changes the odds in favor of folding is the limpers, because some of them are likely to have aces or kings in some form and that will limit your chances of improving.

Let's say that one of the limpers has a small PP. One has a weak ace and one has a decent king. They'll all fold their hands no matter what. But you're down to 4 outs to improve now and that means you're a 2-1 dog in the hand if you call.

So... dunno if I'm seeing ghosts. Just something to think about. The math behind the coinflip of races assumes that the overcards have 6 outs. Sometimes they don't and to me limpers would signal that it's likely that I don't have 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's say that it's true that two or three limpers means that you lose two of your outs with AK.

In a full table of ten, there are 18 unseen cards (9 opponents). So if you know that there is only one A and one K among your opponents, then your odds improve to hit one of your outs:

1-((28/32)*(27/31)*(26/30)*(25/29)*(24/28)) = 51.2% chance of hitting an Ace or King by the river.