View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: BITCH PLEASE. PARTY20. BLIND VS BLIND.

[ QUOTE ]

man i don't know. i would have hated it if he bet the river. but since he didn't the hand is more of a "don't [censored] with me" type deal. i think regardless of whether or not you win this has positive metagame effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what really doesn't make sense to me. if he's calling the turn 3-bet with A high he'll probably call the river too. you're probably not getting raised by a worse hand since he didn't cap, and the chances that he pays off with a worse hand have got to be greater than the chances that he checks a worse one. all these lead to required bet given a called turn 3-bet. I don't understand at all unless you really expect him to check through with a better hand. maybe I'm underestimating the times he checks through with a better hand.

and the "don't [censored] with me" part is bs. if he has a better hand the OP looks like an idiot. the only way he gets this message across is if the guy has K high. I guess maybe that's why you like to check, to show down the 3s. I don't buy it

[ QUOTE ]
also he's ahead here at least 50% of the time and he won't be capped on the turn without a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's still out of position. I guess you're getting 3 when ahead and 4 when behind instead of 2 when ahead and 3 when behind so it's ok. but also, if he's bluffing, you lose out on a bet in exchange for him folding 6 outs. then also he said he'll call a cap, then then I assume subsequently the river since how often do people cap for a free showdown.

[ QUOTE ]
the cap preflop is really marginal and possibly bad "in a vacuum" because it inflates the pot but once again we aren't in a vacuum even in party 20, especially 4 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has 33. he's against pairs and overcards. he's either 50/50 or a huge underdog. I think it's way worse than marginal because of the other reasons I gave.