Thread: I need PROOF!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a few players state this for the lower levels and it is entirely believable. I mean, do you really think that if Curtains, Raptor, Adanthar (name any other top player) wanted to slum on the 11s, they couldn't be over 30%? I hate to get involved in this because it turns into an e-penis measuring contest. I know for a fact that an ROI over 30% at the 11s is possible from personal experience. I don't say this to brag, because if I was any good at poker I wouldn't be playing the 11s. (That and I used my B/R for stuff like building a deck, going on vacations, etc and I was content with the steady extra money with low variance while learning to play.) Obviously I understand that a player at the 50s with an ROI of 8% is better than me, so I'm not bragging, just answering your question. I don't use Pokertracker, so I can't "prove" this with a screenshot. (I also don't care to prove it, since again, it's not anything to be proud of or anything.) I suppose if someone wanted to look up one of my screennames on Pokerprophecy they could see my ITM and do the math.

But anyway, Lorinda has stated that 40% is attainable on the 11s and it is totally believable. (Not that I am or was at 40% at any time.) To say that 30% is not attainable long term at the 11s is similar to claiming that the earth is flat, IMO.