View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Who can explain this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Care to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad should have said raise? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(It's happened to me, too. I was the button and put in 3 chips at a 2/5 game, because I saw the SB's bet as my own, and I was raising to 4. As a result: unraised PF. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

The nuts are 5h3h and 8h5h. (Edit: Whoops, was 9h5h.)

I would have to guess that the UTG was looking for that straight flush, because given Grandma's cards, it couldn't have helped him in any other way.

So what did Brad have? An overpair? Probably not 77 or 33, because those would not have been PFR hands.

I'm a little mystified, though... Even with AA you'd be drawing to 2 outs on the turn, probably. If you could fold this, then you don't have an overpair.

Maybe AK diamonds or hearts then, or KQ the same... something like that? That's definitely worth a call on the turn. Given the PF checkraise, I'd have to say diamonds. Given the river checkraise, I'd have to say hearts.

Now I have a question, if you had AK/KQ hearts, was it really worth it to checkraise that flop? You would have had maybe 4.5 outs... maybe pushing yourself up to 6.5 or so if you could get a few to put down their kings.

This could be +EV, but I'm curious now...

--Dave.

Edit: Holy crap, you didn't even use the converter! How much did you have to pay BB to type this out for you? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]